Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Quilting Progress: ABC - Quilt With Me

I'm making good progress on some of my long term quilt projects. I'll share them over the next few days.

This one is a Block of the Month kit I got at American Quilting. The quilt is called ABC - Quilt With Me. It was last year's BoM so the quilt along ended in June 2013. Having only started this mad obsession a few weeks earlier, I had to beg to buy the kit. Follow the link to check out the finished product on the American Quilting blog.
I knew I had to make this quilt the first time I laid eyes on it. It is the perfect gift for my mother. She has been a quilter all her life and also taught 1st grade for 35 years.The quilt is lap size but small enough that she can hang it as a wall quilt. I love it! I've had a couple of peeps say they don't like the alphabet letters on it. But I explain that quilt block patterns have names. Each block's name begins with the letter of the alpha next to it. For example the A is beside the block titled  Album Block, B is next to the block called Bachelors puzzle, C block is called Chimneys and Cornerstones, D is Duck and Ducklings etc. (And if you didn't go look at the original you have no idea what I'm saying.)  :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment