Thursday, July 25, 2013

The Farmer's Wife Quilt

This Farmer's Wife quilt kit is also from American Quilting. The quilt has a fun history which I suggest you read about here. The Farmer's Wife is the quilt that made me want to make a quilt. I kept seeing quilts and blocks on Pinterest labeled Farmer's Wife. I researched it and loved the concept and decided that would be the mother of all quilts for me at this level of experience. It has 111 unique blocks, each 6 inches when finished and makes a queen size quilt in the end.



It was that research that led me to discover that American Quilting was doing a block of the month Farmer's Wife in modern colors. I was in love! Unfortunately, the BOM had started in January 2013 and runs until November. It was now July and the monthly kits have 12 blocks each. But again I begged, and again the nice ladies at AQ scrounged around and  found me the six back kits and let me join. I have finished 12 blocks  in the week since then. Today is the pick-up date for kit  #7. I'm only about 60 blocks behind. No pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment