Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Accomplishment #1

I'm not known for being a great finisher. I have dozens, maybe HUNDREDS of projects that I've started and gone off distracted never to return. I am a wonderful example of what it means to be side-tracked. That is part of the purpose of this blog. To make me accountable to follow through. Then I can report it here.

Today's accomplishment is a culmination of a project started in January 2008. I set it aside that summer and picked up again a few months later. It was a New Year's Resolution that got me started reading El Libro de Mormon. Spanish is not native to me and I haven't used it on a regular basis for about 30 years. But I decided I was going to read the book even if it took me "the whole year". By June I was no where near half way through the book so I set it on my bedstand and there it sat. The following January Bishop Jeff Johnson gave us a challenge to do three things in 2009: Pray night and morning, read scriptures at least 5 minutes every day, and SMILE. I have not missed a day of reading since that day, though some days have been only 5 minutes. Even if it took "forever" I thought it was better than not reading it at all. I look forward to getting back into the English version again. The Book of Mormon is a true book. It will bless your life if you read it. I encourage everyone to read it, in whatever language you choose, even if it is only 5 minutes a day, and even if it takes "forever".

No comments:

Post a Comment