Tuesday, July 20, 2010

People are AMAZING!

I've discovered youtube. OK I knew it was there but ... well...I just saw it as a vehicle for adolescents to exhibit their lack of inhibitions. Now I offer kudos to whoever developed such a brilliant idea. I now see it as the greatest teaching tool of all time. I'm not even sure how I discovered it. It had to be a google search of some sort that led me there. But it has inspired me to yearn to get in touch with my inner crafter.

I was introduced to paper crafts several years back by way of a scrapbook calendar class. The teacher, who has since become one of my besties, still razzes me about what a demanding (anal) student I was, and yes, still am. I love the social and tactile side of crafting but I'm easily frustrated by my own lack of vision. That is where youtube comes in.

There are people on this planet who are truely amazing. I've watched dozens of videos from around the world, read dozens of blogs and visited countless craftiing websites. Time after time I find myself wondering "How did they do that? Where does such creative genius come from?"

You are true artists. You will be my teachers as I search for MY gift, MY passion, or at very least a genre I'm content with. I hope you don't mind when I add you to my lists. Imitation really is the highest form of flattery. It really is an effort to give credit where credit is due. Thank you for sharing your gifts so generously.

No comments:

Post a Comment