Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A Wonderous Thunderous Birthday 8/4

I'm quite overdue posting about my birthday. But I want to thanks all my dear family and friends who make my life worth getting older.

The morning started with an AMAZING thunderstorm at 5:am. The weather service reported 143 thunder strikes in Utah County within about 30 minutes. It was the most thunderous storm I ever recall. Everyone we talked to, whether they lived in the north or south parts of the county, said the lightening was right on top of them. I didn't hear of any injury or property damage. So that is a good thing too.

The next day Bryan and I went to SLC to redeem a free night hotel he'd won earlier in the spring. It was a pleasant time. We didn't do anything spectacular, we did swim, we were the only ones in the pool so that was nice. It was good just to take a day off of life and obligations.

No comments:

Post a Comment