Saturday, November 17, 2012

Rosette Turkeys


Here is my little turkey flock, ready to adorn the Thanksgiving table. I'm not much of a cook so this is my contribution to the celebration. They are based on the Tim Holtz Quirky Turkeys but I used the MS scoring board rather than a die.

I made the bodies/faces from basic shapes on MTC (2 circles and an elongated tear, welded and stretched to 2.25 inches tall for the body, a kite for the beak and half a yin/yang for the waddle.) But if you don't want to make your own, Cricut has several choices or there are some freebies on the web.

Here are cutting measurements to get three turkeys per 12x12 sheet:
Cut paper vertically at 10.25. This will give you a strip to punch circles for stability. Contrary to what Tim says I put one on the front and back of each rosette. It made them easier to glue together.
Cut 3 strips 1.5x10.25
Cut 3 strips 1.25 x 9.75
Cut 3 strips 1x9.25
Punch along one long edge of each of these 9 strips with your scallop edger, score at quarter inches, then follow Tim's instructions.

The rosette paper is from SEI's Nutmeg stack.


No comments:

Post a Comment