Tuesday, January 1, 2013

...And a Happy New Year

The Christmas tree is down and my weight is up. That signals the end of the holiday season for me and HOPEFULLY the return to the season of normal. At this time of year I'm grateful not to celebrate Epiphany. I could not handle an additional 12 days of Christmas.

Because the Girl Child was born on Thanksgiving Day it adds an additional degree of festivity for us. She turned 19 this year, just after the announcement that young sisters can apply for missionary service at that age. So we've had the added flurry of mission paperwork and all that comes with that. She received her mission call on Dec 19.  She will report to the Missionary Training Center (the MTC that isn't crafting software) on Feb 27, 2013 where she will  have 6 weeks to learn Spanish then she will serve in the Fresno California Mission. It's an exciting time for us. My next 8 weeks will include gathering everything she'll need for the next 18 months and packing it into one suitcase that she can lift by herself. Wish me luck.

In addition, DS3 has officially announced his engagement and moved into a lovely apartment. He plans to marry before the Girl Child leaves. So far I've not been made privy to any other arrangements. I'm hoping for an elopement.

What was that I said about the Season of Normal?  It may be a myth.

No comments:

Post a Comment