Thursday, January 31, 2013

WMD - Memorize Monday T-10.1

Blog surfing. It comes naturally to someone as "open-minded " (ie: scatterbrained) as I am. It starts innocently enough, usually on Pinterest. You find a recipe, or craft idea, or card or scrapbook page you want to pin. But of course you have to make sure the link actually works (many don't). Then you have to check out the whole site because... uh... because that's the way I roll. Eventually you find a link to some other blog, and Click! another hour gone. Eventually, inevitably, I find something I think I need to incorporate in my life NOW. That is how I found Memorize Monday.


The Girl Child is leaving on her mission in ten weeks and she feels like she doesn't really know how to teach in English, much less in Spanish. So we are going to start Memorize Monday.  Each Monday we will select a much loved scripture or quote  to memorize. We are calling it Memorize Monday but we are hoping to memorize at least two a week so I may have to add a midweek episode or something. We will memorize it "Primary style". That is to say it will be posted on the fridge on Monday and each day we'll delete parts of it until we can say it all without prompts. We will also throw in some MTC style learning as we write it on a 3x5 card, only the first letters of each word, to carry with us and refer to often. And for added excitement we will review it aloud in Spanish until it can roll off the tongue.

It sounds like a good plan. But that's only part one. Part two is getting the Girl Child to buy in. (note: The entire paragraph above was written using the Royal We.)

Current Passage: My purpose  as a missionary: Invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored Gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end. - Preach My Gospel ch1


No comments:

Post a Comment