Saturday, August 31, 2013

Aiming for Accuracy Progress - Week 10

This is starting to look like it might someday become an actual quilt. I admit I've had my doubts about my fabric choice. Especially when I see the fabulous, coordinated blocks others are making. I'm still a little nervous that mine may turn out having too many colors, not enough balance.. The original that Mishka is making looks like stained glass or watercolors. It is so cool. As soon as I chose orange rather than black for my contrast fabric I lost the opportunity for stained glass. Turns out I actually like orange so that's ok.

I'm really pleased at how much better my seams and points are since I started. I'm learning a lot, often by making mistakes. I just have to remember:
"If you are not making mistakes you are not making progress."
 

 I hope we get to see all the finished projects at the end. Most of them are going to be Fabu-lisious!

No comments:

Post a Comment