Friday, August 2, 2013

Flannel boards and other mysteries

Crafting with the cgf's ( my crafty girlie friends) last night I took stuff to make quilt design boards. Of course the cgf's don't quilt so they were  polite but uninterested. When JuJu's daughter asked what I was making I told her they were quilt block design boards. She didn't know what that was so I explained they are flannel boards for assembling quilt blocks. She did not know what a flannel board was. Really?!? I guess we now use  magnets when we are storytelling to children. In all fairness, I don't think she knew what a quilt block was either.

But I digress. Here is a tutorial for the design boards. I f you are making a quilt with a billion little pieces, such as the Farmer's Wife quilt, you'll wish you had six of these awesome little beauties. They are easy and nearly free to make.

Sad Note: Unfortunately, once again I am unable to supply a photo. The Hub is fishing in Alaska this week. He took the camera. Not only did he take it fishing, but he also took it for an unplanned swim in the Kenai on the first day there. My birthday is on Sunday, maybe I'll get a new camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment