Monday, August 19, 2013

The Farmers Wife - May 2013

This is my second set of Farmer's Wife blocks complete. Block numbers 36 - 46 assigned for completion in May. I'm not sure I'm getting better at paper piecing. The more blocks I finish the more I think, "Ima hafta redo this one...and this one".  If you want to see what they are supposed to look like follow this link to American Quilters.

Can you see where I sewed a wrong piece into one of the blocks? I didn't see it until I hung the block on the wall. My hope is the quilt fairy will fix it so it is not noticeable when it is set into a quilt with 100 of it's sisters. With 64 one-inch pieces in the block I wasn't about to pull it apart...again.

(Update 29 Aug 2013) Someone at the quilt store today said: "If you can't see a mistake from the back of a galloping horse, it don't matter." I laughed along with the rest of the group and felt better about my error.

No comments:

Post a Comment