Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Microsoft Rant

Does Microsoft make anyone else cRaZY? Every Microsoft product since Windows had been completely not user friendly - at least not when I'm the user. Example: I needed to make labels for my OWH cards. I've tried to make labels on Word in the past and thought I'd skip that nightmare. I went into Word Perfect, spent 5 minutes creating a label and low and behold...my new printer won't talk to Word Perfect. So I grudgingly signed in to Word (grumble grumble). Then spent HOURS figuring out how to make a sheet of labels only to discover that the program doesn't save labels after you print them, or at least I couldn't figure out how to make it happen. So every new sheet of labels had to be redesigned from the ground up. It took me another evening of HOURS to print 5 sheets of labels in two different sizes, one of which Microsoft no longer recognizes, so I had to create it as a custom label. THEN it would not let me name it myself. So my "Custom Label" wears a name that belongs to a label that already exists and I don't even know how it happened.

I accept that I'm mostly computer illiterate. Fine. But I've had to use MS Word for years and I still can't get the feel for it. GAH!!!!!!

Thanks for listening. Now back to your regularly scheduled program of cardmaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment