Sunday, August 12, 2012

Operation Write Home

"Let me start from the beginning... no, it is too much... let me sum up." Princess Bride (more or less)

I believe I have found that crafting niche I hoped to find when I started this project two years ago. I've discovered that I love paper; I like to buy it, store it, touch it. I have also learned that I don't love scrapbooking. I know that sounds like I need my mouth washed out with soap. I can't help it. I was born this way. :-( I hate what happens to my lovely pages when I put my lame photos on them. So I've discovered paper crafting and card making. The problem with card making, however, is that I never send cards. Writing on my lovely cards would have the same effect as sticking awful pix on lovely pages.

PERFECT SOLUTION! Operation Write Home is an organization that sends handmade cards to soldiers so they can send them back to their families. Great idea and FAB creative outlet for someone like me. Here is my goal: fill a box with cards to send in to OWH by September 30. That is 350 cards in about six week. YIKES! that's a lot. I sure hope all my crafty friends will help me. Hint... ;-)

Here is what I've made so far:

The Christmas cards were going to be tree ornaments last year but I got side .... SQUIRREL!!

The pinkies are scraps from a wedding guest book I made this spring. Sorry the photo is sideways. dsBB told me I was not allowed to include these in a box of cards going to soldiers. He said the other cards would mock them relentlessly...or worse. He said for the cards' own safety I should not include them. And he added "Besides, no soldier, male or female, is gonna want to be seen with those cards." What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment