Friday, September 21, 2012

Fat Penguin...something to break the ice.

So you know that snowman I was frustrated about a couple days ago? Yeah, I ended up making my own cut file, along with the penguin and robin. I'm not in love with the robin so look at him as a work in progress. And if I make them again I'll make the penguin not as fat and tuck his feet in farther.

I used the arms from the frustrating download. The wings for both birds are flower petals, as are the penguin toes which I welded to circles for gluing. I borrowed the hat band from the Mad Hatter which is a free file over at SVGcuts.com. Everything else is just from the basic shapes file on MTC. Even the hat was easier than I expected. It's just two ovals and a trapezoid that I mashed, squashed, stretched and welded until it made me happy. It doesn't take much to make me feel accomplished.



No comments:

Post a Comment