Wednesday, September 19, 2012

WMD - Don't Blink

Here is something you don't see very often. You can see parts of the actual desk. It just means I'm between projects. It will be back in action the instant I finish this post. The red striped boxes at the top of my desk are chock full of cards ready to be stamped and tucked and mailed off to Operation Write Home.  From there they will be resorted and shipped to Our American Heroes in Afghanistan (or wherever) in time to make it back to the soldiers families by Christmas. They have a long road ahead.

(The Hub just walked in and said "Hey! Your desk is black!" Followed by "Have I ever seen that cutter?" To which I responded, "Not for a while." Truth is it hasn't moved from that spot since the desk was built, it is usually just buried in paper scraps. I don't think he's ever realized it's a cutter.)

Our very first Operation Write Home shipment will happen next week. Our goal was 350 cards. If you have cards to donate make sure I have them by Sept 30. I'm pretty sure we'll make our goal and have some cards that will have to wait until the next shipment scheduled for December. That makes me super happy.

I haven't made any cards in a while because I've been moving furniture in my craft room trying to find this stash of Christmas cards. These are from some swaps we did a few years ago when the Aspen Friends site was in full bloom. I love doing swaps but I never actually send cards so I knew these were in here somewhere. (If you look closely you may find a card you made.) After they were unburied I spent several days weeding out the weedy ones, shoring up the weak ones, liner-ing the dark ones and resizing the odd sized ones. That left me with about 3 dozen OWH worthy cards to add to the box. My Aspen Friends...the gift that keeps on giving.

No comments:

Post a Comment