Tuesday, September 11, 2012

OWH progress

Hey all you lovely card makers!

I'm just checking in with progress on our OWH box. Our goal was 350 cards by the end of this month as I recall. I have over a hundred fabulous cards sitting on my desk waiting to be "stamp and tucked". I'd love to take credit for making all of them but many of them have been donated. So, thanks everyone for that.

I'd love it if you'd post how many you have ready. And if you want to donate you can bring them to my house or Juleen's house (don't you love how I volunteer her for stuff like that?) and we'll get them in the box. And if you can't donate cards...I'd be happy to accept dollars toward shipping.  :-)

The shipping date for these to be in Washington to be sorted and mailed overseas is early October. So I thought it might be fun to have a stamp and tuck party at the end of September. Don't know what "stamp and tuck" means? Every card needs to have the words "Operation Write Home" on the back and be tucked into an envelope in a specific way. I've ordered a stamp with the OWH logo that should be here in a couple days, and I made labels for any cards that a stamp won't show up on. I also ordered 1000 envelopes that should be here next week. So if you have cards to donate that don't have envelopes, we got yer back.

These are today's fare. I made 6 of them. I know I've made gobs of cards of this same pattern. But I love it because it is quick, easy, creates nearly no waste and I think they are super cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment